Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's just after lunch, Tuesday. I am finally sitting down to write something. Honestly, I have just been at a loss as to what to say. The Sunday morning service was just as emotionally draining as I expected. I arrived home with a headache and the knowledge that I would not get a chance to rest because I had to cook a soup for that evening. Life group turned out well- I was only a little frazzled and was able to enjoy visiting with everyone. We had two families come with their children. The kids were like wild indians, which was no surprise since it was the first meeting. Our next two or so meetings will also be the get-to-know-you type so that the kids and everyone else can get used to it. I expect the kids to settle down after a couple of times and just play, without yelling. It's just so exciting for them, especially my kids.

This week we have a red flag waving on our car that says "LIFE" in honor of unborn children. It sure makes a lot of noise when one is driving. Our preacher recommended that we use that annoying racket as a reminder to pray. Good idea! The flag made so much noise on the way home from church Sunday that Esther was able to stay awake until we got home. She said over and over, "Whuz zat, Daddy? Eetz flag, Daddy?" Saul wasn't bothered by it much and managed to doze off. We have at least a 10-minute drive home; plenty of time for a small child to get mighty comfortable after a morning of playing and doing activities with other small children his size and mindset.

This is the last week that I need to double up on the schoolwork. I counted out the weeks left until the end of May (when I would like to be finished), and I have an extra three weeks to cover any mishaps such as illnesses or only God knows whatelse that might arise. I'm glad, although I know that at first it will seem strange to not be pushing all the time to get things done. It will probably take a week to adjust. At least a week. Well, it's time for me to put the little ones down for a nap and then get back to school. Later.

No comments: