Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm back...

After not posting anything for four days, I decided to drum up something to say. I certainly got caught up in the busyness of the holidays these past few days, I am sorry to say. I was grouchy and mean and totally missed out on the joy of the season. Thankfully, I have a forgiving Father who knows all my shortcomings in advance. By His grace, I hope to honor Him the rest of this season. The enemy is definitely out to steal, kill, and destroy my joy right now. I'm sure I have given him a foothold, but I haven't been able to identify exactly where yet. Pray for me...and my family who is suffering the brunt of my unhappiness. Which reminds me of the pastor's sermon this past Sunday. It was based on Luke 1:39-45. In that scripture, it says more than once that Mary was blessed. Now this was when Gabriel first informed her that she would be the mother of Jesus. The point was that what we consider being blessed today is often far from what God considers blessing. We often think that financial security and not many problems or difficulties is blessing, which it may be. But it is not the definition of blessing. True blessing is trusting in God and finding happiness in knowing Him, despite the circumstances. Right now, I can't seem to get my eyes off the "wind" (Matthew 14:30). Mary and Joseph had no financial security and were about to face many trials with this "blessing". Wow! How self-centered I actually am! Help me in my unbelief. And I am not referring to belief in Jesus as God's son but belief in His power. (Mark 9:20-24)

Well, the kids are back in my room so that will have to be all for now.

No comments: