Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Well, Christmas day has come and gone. We had a pretty good holiday- Chad's parents came for Christmas eve and day, and then left early the next morning. They never stay longer than 2-3 days for that is all his dad can handle. The kids had a blast with Granny and Papa here. Chad and I also enjoyed it for the most part. I am so very thankful that we did NOT have to do any long-distance traveling. It was so nice just to stay home and have them come to visit us. The gifts were good, too. Chad got me some knitting things that I had requested since I want to try my hand at it. I don't know when I will have the time, though, but I will find it when I am ready. I do want to commend the U.S. Postal Service right now. I was able to sew my grandmother's purse before Christmas but did not finish it until the 21st. I mailed it out that afternoon (priority mail) and really didn't expect her to get it until the 26th or so just because of the way the holiday fell this year. I also had mailed my parents gifts the day before and had little hope of them arriving in time either. Well, lo and behold, they all got their gifts on Christmas eve. I was pleasantly surprised! I had so wanted them to get their gifts on time since I couldn't be there in person. By the way, the purse turned out so cool. I will try to attach a picture to this thing, but I am not sure how to do it. I think I will sew a replica for myself since I have enough fabric left over. Two purses for $13 and the labor. Wow! Time to go now! Hope to talk again tomorrow!

No comments: