Tuesday, January 2, 2007

We started back in on our homeschooling today. It went well, especially considering that I really did not prepare for today. I simply pulled out the books this morning to see where we were and got busy. The kids were just a little bit rusty in the subjects that are tough for them- Naomi in math and Abram in reading. We will be back in the groove by the end of the week, I'm sure.

I finished Anne of Green Gables today. It was excellent. I laughed outright more than once as I was reading it. I have the next two in the series but don't dare pick them up for fear of not getting anything else done. They will have to wait until the next school break. I really enjoyed the dialogue in the book. That is the same thing I liked so much about Jane Austen's books- the dialogue! Anyway, I recommend this book to all females, ten and older. I'm sure some guys would enjoy it also. I read a few parts to Chad and at first he said that Marilla was mean. Later, I was able to help him see the humor in their relationship (Anne and Marilla).

It is so cold today. I was simply freezing earlier. I had to put on my fleece jacket and slipper socks, then drink a cup of hot coffee to get rid of the chill in my bones. I think that the temperature outside is above fifty by now, but it was below freezing until noon. At least, that is what it felt like to me in the house. This house will be wonderful this summer when the hot sun is beating down all around us; however, right now it really keeps the cold inside and the sun's warmth outside. That's all for now.

No comments: