Friday, December 29, 2006

It is overcast today. Not too cold. I have just completed morning chores and am now sitting down at the computer with my first cup of coffee for the day. Maybe the last one for the day. I really like the decaf as much as the regular to be honest, but Chad won't switch to decaf all the time. I would like to hit some of the after-Christmas sales, but it is very difficult with the kids along. All four of them want something for themselves and I have a hard time keeping it orderly. We tried yesterday morning and it did not go too well. I'm trying to decide if I want to give it another try this morning.

I'm reading Anne of Green Gables right now. It is very enjoyable. Naomi got the children's version from my mom for Christmas and read it in one day. She also received Pollyanna, and read it the day before she read Anne. She now is telling me what happens before I reach the part, but amazingly I don't mind. It is really fun to discuss it with her. It seems like the children's version must only omit the scenery. Everything else seems the same. Her comprehension of what she reads is really improving. The kids also received the Peanuts series from 1950-1960, hardcover edition, from my brother. We have been enjoying them also. They really are funny!

I have hardly looked at my knitting stuff. It seems a little overwhelming right now. Chad tells me there is a free beginners class at Michael's mid-January, so I will probably attend that. One of my friends also knits, and she will probably help me. As I looked out the window just now while taking a sip of coffee, I noticed a tumbleweed stuck under our truck. Only in West Texas. The neighbor's cat is walking across the front yard, but she won't let us touch her. Oh, how I miss my cats. Mom says that Napolean, the gray cat that we gave to her, climbs her like a tree to get in her arms. I may have already mentioned that in an earlier entry, but it really cracks me up. She says that Feline (pronounced Fellini) is always on the run around the house. I hope poor Blackfoot is alright. He so badly wanted to come with us in the U-Haul. Our little neighbor girl really liked him, though, so he should be okay. Pets! They just break your heart sometimes. Well, that's all for now. Have a good day!

No comments: