Friday, January 12, 2007

When I woke up this morning, I grabbed my bible looking for a place to read in it. Titus caught my eye, so I proceeded to start from the beginning of that book and what do I run across right away but this:

Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips, nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, that the work of God may not be dishonored. Titus 2:3-5

Wow! Is that awesome or what?! I was encouraged and challenged by it. I was reminded of what my role really is in this life that God has so graciously given me. There was another verse referenced in the side notes for the part that I italicized. Here it is:

Therefore, I want younger widows to get married, bear children, keep house, and give the enemy no occasion for reproach. I Timothy 5:14

Now, some of you may be wondering what I am getting at and it is this- for me, the decision to stay home and care for my family God had continually shown me His approval. Not only through His word, but in my everyday life. No, I do not walk around on cloud nine with a silly smile on my face, but I am satisfied. My satisfaction is in the Lord. He is good.
Alright now I am going to post my draft from the other day.

1 comment:

janjanmom said...

OKAY OKAY, I am trying to do a better job keeping house. I gave up wine...can I please keep my whine?