Thursday, February 8, 2007

I only have a few minutes, so this will probably be short. I got my temporary cap put on my tooth Tuesday afternoon. That went well. I like my new dentist. I liked my last one, too, just new insurance doesn't cover him. My permanent crown will be gold. It goes on one of my molars on the bottom row. It will show slightly when I belly laugh. Maybe even when I smile- I have a big smile. Anyway, it is just another sign of growing older because I am not concerned about whether it shows or not. I just want it to be strong enough to last for many years (like until I have great-grandchildren). Yesterday I cleaned the house, partially anyway. We went to church last night. I started a new women's bible study titled Walking by Faith: Lessons Learned in the Dark by Jennifer Rothschild. It is only a seven-week study so that is not too long. I look forward to it. I'll have more info next week. Today has been schoolwork so far. It turned back cold today. High in the 30's compared to yesterday's upper 70's. That's okay- it's easier to keep the kids focused on their work when it is cold outside.

Chad and I got back on our strict budget yesterday. For the past year, it has been rather casual. We're excited. It feels very good when we know exactly where we are spending. As Dave Ramsey says, we are controlling our money rather than it controlling us. Well, I am a little tired so I will head back to the classroom for the afternoon session before I fall asleep. Having the kids elbow me always helps to keep me awake, at least for a little while.

1 comment:

janjanmom said...

I bet I will get to see it since I can make you belly laugh!!

When we cleaned out Erik's Uncle's house, we found a gold tooth in a box of "stuff". Though it nearly made me puke and we just threw it away, I would have saved it for you if I had known you would need one. HEE HEE. My stomach feels a little whoozy just making that joke. Gag me with a gold tooth.