Sunday, February 4, 2007

Wow! I had my first comment from someone I didn't know. Kinda freaked me out. I'm recovering, though. I guess my life is just that sheltered that having a comment from someone I didn't know threw me off for a second. No, I did not know that Dr. Hovind is in jail for tax evasion. I do know that he knows his science, and that is what I like about him. He also loves God and Jesus Christ, and that is what I really like about him. Is he perfect? My all means, NO! But neither am I, yet we have the bond of Christ in us. I have to forgive as I have been forgiven, which is much.

On to other things. Chad is home and had an awesome time at the men's retreat. He was a little short on sleep, though, which he is making up for at this time. We are glad to have him back, even though he was only gone for one night and part of the next day. I can't say how important his presence is in the home! I pray that more men would see how much they are needed by their families and not just with a paycheck either. I pray that more women would let their husbands know how much he is needed in the home, and not by nagging but with encouragement and respect. It made such a difference in our marriage when I began to respect Chad as the head of our household, and he has certainly stepped up into that rightful role and done a wonderful job. We are very happy together, yet we still have to make a point of putting the other before ourselves. And, most of all, God has to be at the center or you can never achieve the rest. God is faithful!

We took the kids to a class on salvation, baptism and communion today. Abram had a hard time paying attention. He had already attended an hour long Sunday school class and that may have accounted for his inattentiveness. Naomi did better, but of course she is older. It was a good class, but I realized during it that Chad and I are the ones who need to teach them. And we have been doing so.

Tonight we go to some friends' house for life group and the Superbowl. I don't know how much of it we will be able to watch. There are quite a few small children involved in our life group, including my own. I think we are supposed to have minestrone soup. Neither one of us is real familiar with it but should enjoy it. Our taste buds have certainly developed over the past few years. By the way, we ate at Golden Corral last night. The kids had received gift certificates from the dentist to eat there, so we did so. The vegetables were not nearly as tasty as the ones we steam at home. I have come to appreciate the natural taste of veggies without being drenched in butter, although I do still like to dip my fork in ranch dressing when eating them sometimes. Thankfully, none of the kids had stomach problems while we were there. The past two times we have eaten there, Saul was sick in a bad way. And not from their food. He apparently had the stomach problems before we went in. I felt so guilty both times about having a kid sick in the restaurant (not to mention that I did not get to eat) that I wanted to disappear. But that is part of life, isn't it! Remember, I am to find the joy in the trial now. I am to know that God will grow me in some way if I just persevere. That is so easy to say since I am not in the midst of a trial at this time. Well, this has been nice but I am done for now. Farewell, good friends.

1 comment:

janjanmom said...

I read your Friday post, I am glad you have me when there is no fiction or movies!! Anytime, that's what friends are for.

Don't be so quick to let Golden Corral off the hook, we have had lovely experiences after eating there. It was probably something we caught from some family bringing their sick kids out to eat though! HEE HEE!