Monday, January 8, 2007

We had a good weekend. Yesterday morning our pastor challenged us to fast for forty days starting next week. Chad and I were both in agreement on what we need to fast from in our lives. We look forward to focusing on God. It's good to be reminded that God should be first in all areas. It's easy to think that we are doing pretty well- no "big" sins going on and so forth. But we know it is not about being good, but loving God.

In the afternoon, I went to Michael's for a free demonstration of my new Knifty Knitter. It really does seem to be easy. I haven't yet had time to try anything on it, but maybe I will this evening. Chad and I watched The Fiddler on the Roof this weekend and enjoyed it very much. It supplied some food for thought and the music was excellent.

1 comment:

janjanmom said...

Go you for learning how to knit!! I know this is a goal you have set for yourself and I am glad you are following through.

I assume by fasting, he meant giving something up as opposed to no food for forty days. Because, Stephanie, you do not have the reserves to go forty days without food. I could loan you some...

Seriously, you and Chad really inspire me. I wish Erik and Chad could have bonded more while you were here.