Tuesday, January 16, 2007

We spent another day at home yesterday due to the ice. Chad had the day off in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. anyway. I did venture out late in the afternoon to the corner gas station to buy a gallon of milk. I don't like that ice. Our front walk to the house was completely covered with a layer of slick ice. Then I couldn't find an ice scraper anywhere (we must have left them in IL) so I had to use an ice pick to get the ice off of my windshield and passenger window. Brrrr! Chad was able to leave for work this morning with comparable ease. He doesn't have a whole lot going on today so we should see him back at the "home office" fairly soon. We are on weeks 18 and 19 according to our school schedule and will therefore be caught up in another week or two from where we had fallen behind when we moved. There are 36 weeks total in our curriculum. Boy, it's hard to read that much out loud when we double up the weeks!

I have decided to give up reading fiction (except for the read-alouds for the kids) for the next 40 days along with the movie-watching that Chad and I jointly decided on. I know it will be good for me. Well, I must go now as time is ticking away.

1 comment:

janjanmom said...

7 gallons in six days??

The first step is admitting you have a problem.