Thursday, June 21, 2007

I pretty much just dragged around today. I am still dragging- probably won't write much. No, I am not sick, just worn out, I think. Esther was still feverish mid-day, but I hope that will be the last of it. Naomi comes home tomorrow. I'm ready. I miss her and I am anxious to hear all about her first camp experience. The first two nights that she was gone, Esther slept in her own room- I believe because she was feeling so sickly. Last night and tonight she insisted on sleeping on the floor in the boys room. I figured she would have wanted to sleep with them every night, but everything is different when there is an illness in the house. I wonder if Naomi will come back a little more independent after her week in the mountains. Either way, she and Abram are going to have to step up and help me more around the house because I cannot do it all. I see that more and more clearly each day. Alena, the girl that we co-host with another family from church, is here for the next month. She comes each summer from another country for six weeks to stay. We had her two summers ago full time. Last summer we had moved away, so another family picked her up. This summer, since we are back. we get to co-host. The other family keeps her most of the time, and we just take her a couple of days. Actually it is working out great because I am not responsible for getting her to all of her doctor appointments and so forth. She just comes here for a couple of days to have fun with the kids and to give the other family a break. She is nine, like Naomi, and comes from a family of six kids. She is second to youngest. Anyway, when she comes over, she is a big help to me without my even asking. I see that Naomi and Abram could be doing much more in the way of clearing the table, unloading groceries, andother little quick things like that. The timing is just right since I am about worn out. And really, the kids don't seem to mind. I've started asking them to help with extra things and it hasn't killed them yet. I never did anything as a child, so it is hard for me to realize what kids CAN do! They receive an allowance now and understand that it is for helping out with chores. I think Saul is ready for a little bit, too. He is so LOUD! Everything that he feels seems to come out in a yell or a whoop or a wail. Nothing quiet about him. That is simply how God made him. What type of man will he be, I wonder? Good night.

2 comments:

janjanmom said...

I like to think of Saul as a "Janice reminder". A loud reminder that some people are not quiet or reserved until much much later in life.

I am teaching my big girls how to do laundry. Not just folding, but the big stuff. It is hard to let go and I don't know why, I hate laundry.

janjanmom said...

Oh, I meant much much later as I am not quiet or reserved still, but I am seeing the advantages to being reserved, just not there yet.

Shyness happens about two or three times a year and wears off quick. ( ;