Monday, June 25, 2007

Naomi arrived home a little earlier than expected Friday afternoon. We had to jump out of the pool and race over to the church to pick her up. We were very glad to see her. Then we proceeded to go to CiCi's Pizza for dinner that night. It was a relaxed reunion. I bought Esther her first pair of flip flops on Saturday. She is so fond of them that she slept with them on her chest for her nap that first day. They are the first thing that she thinks of each morning. Chad and the boys went fishing Saturday morning while the girls and I went shopping for his Father's Day gifts. The kids were sick on Father's Day, so we celebrated it a week late. We got him a pair of athletic shorts and the new United CD. He said Saul has no fear when fishing, therefore Abram has gotten a lot braver too. Both boys love to fish just like their dad. Abram is now baiting his own hook, casting and taking the fish off the line. Apparently, Saul would just grab the fish right off the hook, and Chad had to hold him by his shorts so he could release the fish back into the water. That's my boys! I love for them to do that stuff with their father. What bonding!

Back to Naomi- she had a great week at camp. She felt good except for having pink eye in both eyes! Wow! I had that once and it is pretty miserable in the morning. She told us that she drank hot chocolate and orange juice with breakfast and then Dr Pepper with lunch and dinner. No wonder she was dragging when she got home from camp. I told her that she was probably having withdrawal symptoms. She has never has that much caffeine in her life. That's camp for you. Freedom! Also they would stay up until ten everynight. Naomi grew up a lot last week. I'm so glad she got to go. She spent Saturday afternoon and evening with Alena and her family. It may have been too much after a week at camp, but she had fun anyway. It ended up being another late night for her.

Sunday after church, both Paloma and Stran came over for the afternoon. The kids horsed around in the pool and rode bikes and played dress-up and whatever else they could think of to do. That evening we had life group. There were four couples including us and nine kids and two babies. It was total chaos (well not total) but still very good. I have come to the conclusion, and Chad agrees, that we will have to get a sitter at least to keep an eye on the little ones (and feed them and get them drinks) so that we can have discussion without being interrupted every five minutes. Esther was the main one whining. I think she has simply made a habit of it since being sick all of last week. Anyway you live and you learn.

I am feeling much better this week. I had really been in a funk the past couple of weeks. Thankfully the burden seems to have lifted. It's funny how everything can look so bad when one goes thru a season like that. I just felt angry all the time. Everything seemed to get on my nerves. I'm grateful to feel like myself again. I'm sure Chad is too. Most of my discontent was aimed at him, whether he knew it or not. I have no doubt that my enemy was shooting arrows at me nonstop. Thanks to God though I came through it with not too many wounds.

Right now our preacher is teaching on the different names of God. I continue to be challenged in my walk with Him. It is good. Not always fun, but good. Time for me to go to bed. I'm tired.

No comments: