Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Last week I went to see Evan Almighty with two of my friends. It was really funny. I have not seen a good comedy in quite some time, so it was very enjoyable to watch this one. There was about a 15-minute span there in the middle of the movie where I could hardly catch my breath from laughing. They just kept on pouring it on. It had some good biblical truths in it, too. It certainly won't replace the Bible, but it was a good reminder of God's sovereignty.

It has continued to rain here in west Texas. We haven't had any flooding, thankfully, but way more precipitation than ussual. The temperatures have been about twenty degrees cooler than normal which is great for the pregnant women, not great for swimmers. We have still managed to swim once or twice a week in our new pool. The water turned green once but cleared up after I shocked it. Chad has been swimming with the kids quite a bit, which they absolutely love. He horses around a lot more than I do, needless to say. Yesterday I was out adjusting the water in the pool when I noticed clouds overhead and long grass all around me. This was mid-morning so I was feeling rather energetic. I hurriedly grabbed the lawnmower and proceeded to mow the yard in a fine mist. It was great! I kept cool, got some exercise, and the lawn looks good. I was telling Chad last night as we cleaned up the kitchen how it is funny that I can easily mow the grass with a push-mower, but it is all I can do to put the 13x9 inch pan back in the bottom cabinet under all the other baking dishes. He put it back for me, by the way.

Our life group is going well. We are really growing in our relationships with our other groupees. It is very nice to have people around you to encourage you in your walk with the Lord. Tomorrow for the fourth of July, we are going to a local park for fun and games with other life groupers. Hopefully it doesn't get rained out. I will be watching as others participate in games such as volleyball, frisbee, and something else. Hamburgers are on the menu, I believe. I think that everyone from our group will be growing.

I have decided to start back in with the schoolwork at the beginning of August. That will give me a jump start before the baby is born. Well, gotta go. The kids are hanging on the back of my chair while I try to type which just doesn't work. They want to go outside.

3 comments:

janjanmom said...

I miss you dear!!

We are starting school on Wednesday-I am ready but not READY. The big girls are at camp this week. I tried to talk them out of it, but they were excited.

janjanmom said...

I gave you an award on my blog, come check it out!

janjanmom said...

Silly me, I thought I might have inspired an update.